2G GSM / GPRS Sensor Hub for Industrial IoT, Sensor Telemetry, and Remote Monitoring
These sensor hubs uploads your sensor information to Tools.Valarm.net in real-time, as often as you need, whether it's every 30 seconds or every 15 minutes.
This GPRS / GSM Sensor Hub made by Yoctopuce is a GPRS / 2G / GSM enabled connector device for Tools.Valarm.net.
Connect a GPS sensor to GPS-tag all of your mobile sensor measurements with a location.
This sensor hub connects to any 2G GPRS GSM cellular network, like AT&T or T-Mobile in the states.
The sensor hub hosts up to three Yoctopuce sensors to do remote monitoring of assets, equipment, environmental measurements, and anything else, like:
- Water Resources Management for Remote Water Wells - Flow Meters, Water Usage, and Water Levels
- Air Quality & Pollution
- Fluids and Water Monitoring Systems
- Fleet Vehicles, Trucks, and Trailers with Pumps, Generators, Motors, Machinery, Hydraulics, Tanks, & Other Industrial Equipment
You can add as many additional sensors as you like with Sensor Hub Shields. It can be powered either by a USB Micro-B cable and a regular phone charger, or a 5V battery pack.
*** Note: We recommend you use a 3G sensor hub since your mobile cell network provider will support 3G for a longer time than 2G. These other GSM sensor hubs are also available for your organization's Industrial IoT needs:
- 3G GSM sensor hubs for North America, Latin America, and the Caribbean
- 3G GSM sensor hubs for Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Pacific
** Enclosures for these GSM sensor hubs are available here.
How do you link your sensor hubs to Tools.Valarm.net?
The video above shows you how to integrate your Yocto GSM hub with Tools.Valarm.net to map, graph, analyze, download, and forward your sensor data in real-time.
This GSM sensor hub is super useful for mobile Industrial IoT applications when you combine them with GPS / GNSS sensors. Take a gander at this customer story to see how to track and monitor fleet vehicles, trucks, and trailers with industrial equipment and additional sensor factors.
The Yocto GSM / GPRS Sensor Hub Connector Device features a built-in clock timer, that makes it possible to put the device into low-power deep sleep and wake-up automatically at predefined time. This makes it possible to reduce power consumption to 15uA while sleeping, which is crucial for applications running on battery or solar panels. The GPRS GSM Sensor Hub only needs a few seconds of wake-up time to upload sensor data to Tools.Valarm.net.
Three Yoctopuce sensors can be connected directly, one of which can be fixed directly on the sensor hub and connected using a Board2Board-127 connector. The sensor hub can power Yoctopuce sensors with up to 2A.
Want to connect more sensors? You can connect as many additional sensors as you like using 1 or more YoctoHub-Shield extensions!
Warning: although the 3 downstream ports hosting Yoctopuce devices use USB micro-B connectors, the sensor hub uses a specific protocol simpler than USB to talk to the devices. Therefore it is not possible to use or even to power a regular (non-Yoctopuce) device using the sensor hub. Also, it is not possible to use a regular USB hub on the downstream ports.
Who uses remote monitoring to improve business operations?
How does your organization use these Industrial IoT applications?
Have a look at our Customer Stories to see how various industries use this here hardware and Tools.Valarm.net to do things like:
- Water Resources Management - Fluids, Flow Meters, Pressure Transducers, Water Wells and Levels
- Pollution and Air Quality Monitoring - Gases like Ozone, NOx / Nitrogen Oxides, SO2 / Sulfur Dioxide, H2S, Dust, & PM2.5
- Fleets of Vehicles, Trucks, and Trailers Loaded Up With Industrial Equipment like Tanks, Vacuums, and Pumps
- Chemical Distribution - Product Management, Tank Levels and Levels
- Remote Environmental Monitoring - Real Time Industrial IoT Sensor Information
- Flood Monitoring Systems - Early Warnings, Water Level Alerts
How do you, your teams, and your organization save time and money with remote monitoring and IoT?
Take a gander at our Web Dashboards for remotely monitoring Industrial IoT sensors.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch at Info@Valarm.net if you've got any questions.