Yoctopuce Yocto - Knob
The Yocto-Knob sensor is compatible with Valarm Tools Cloud and allows you to monitor and record the status of up to 5 potentiometers with Valarm Sensor Connector Devices (e.g., WiFi sensor hubs or ethernet sensors hubs) or the Valarm Pro app. This includes normal rheostats/potentiometers, as well as buttons, switches, and any sensor which operates by altering resistance. This includes force-sensitive resistors (FSR) and garden variety (read: really cheap) photo-resistors. You can use these sensors/switches/dials to trigger alerts and/or record the conditions of a variety of cool stuff you might need to monitor.
You can use this flexible device for really cool real-life applications like:
- Connecting a decades old wine grape harvester to the cloud!
- Monitor any equipment with LED status lamps
- Monitor and alert you to the level of fluid (water) in a reservoir or tank (in fifths, note if you want more precise water level monitoring consider using a 4-20mA sensor adapter and a pressure transducer)
- Map when and where a snowplow or refuse vehicle arm goes up or down
- Monitor burglar-alarm switches on doors and windows
- Alert you of flooding/presence of water on the floor or in a tub
- The lights go out unexpectedly in your indoor hydroponic garden
- Measure how far open a door or flap is (this is how the MAF sensor in some cars works)
- Know when and where salt is sprayed by a snowplow or whenever any other switch is on or off
- How many times your dog goes in and out the pet door every day
- Alert you when your laptop comes and goes from its stand, how much milk is left in the fridge, or anything else that might exert pressure/weight.
These are just a few ideas that come to mind when you realize that buttons, switches, knobs and resistive sensors are all easily monitored using Valarm Tools Cloud and sensor connector hardware along with this Yocto-Knob sensor.
* When out of stock, expect 2-3 weeks for delivery.
* Enclosures and cables sold separately.
We Also Recommend
Industrial IoT Package for Micro-Climate Remote Environmental Monitoring - Temperature, Humidity, Pressure
Monitoring Temperature, Humidity, and Pressure with Tools.Valarm.net and Industrial IoT Sensors