How Clean is Your Water?
Monitoring Water Quality is critical for government agencies, water authorities, and other organizations.
How do today's Industrial IoT sensors help you, your teams, and your organization to effectively monitor water?
Monitoring software platforms like Tools.Valarm.net receive real-time water sensor measurements of variable factors like:
- Conductivity / Resistivity
- pH, Acidity, Basicity
- Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP)
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- Dissolved Oxygen (DO)
- Water Levels from Flood Warning Systems
- Water Usage Reported by Flow Meters
Water sensors are made by a wide variety of hardware manufacturers. In our experiences, our customers like to use brands like GF Signet for monitoring conductivity / resistivity levels of sanitary water, in μS, Siemens per meter, S/m, or S/cm.
In some cases, water quality factors are more closely related than others. For example, TDS can be approximated around 0.68 of Conductivity values. However, some minerals, like Na / sodium increase TDS closer to 1-to-1 compared to Conductivity readings.
Most surface water systems will have conductivity values less than 100 S/cm. For some communities, a water quality sensor reading above 150 S/cm in the surface water system should trigger a IoT alerts like SMS text messages and/or e-mails.
The majority of ground water systems have conductivity values below 250 S/cm. For certain communities, a conductivity / resistivity sensor measurements over 300 S/cm could trigger an alarm to be sent out to the appropriate folks.
If a contaminant were to be spilled in either a surface or groundwater systems recharge area, the conductivity IoT sensor readings would increase quite quickly from the hundreds to the thousands as chemicals move towards the water source.
If you, your teams, or your organization need to monitor water quality, water levels, or anything else -- Please don't hesitate to get in touch at Info@Valarm.net.
We'll help you save your time and your money with cost-effective monitoring systems that improve your business operations.
Share this post
- Tags: air quality monitoring, air quality monitoring water, Cloud, conductivity, IIoT, industrial, industrial equipment, Industrial Internet of Things, Industrial IoT, Internet of Things, IoT, IoT Water, manage water resources, managing water, monitoring, ORP, Oxidation Reduction Potential, pH, Quality, remote monitoring, resistivity, Sanitary, sanitary water, sanitary water monitoring, sensors, Siemens conductivity, TDS, Tools.Valarm.net, Total Dissolved Solids, Valarm, valarm tools, Valarm Tools Cloud, wastewater, water, Water IoT, water management, Water Quality, water resources, Water Sensors